CE and FCC Certifications

Did you ever notice that what markings your products have in common? Do your power bank, car charger, iPhone packaging, your kid’s toys or some other electronic appliances have the mark of  or  affixed on them? Yes, you must have observed these signs labeled on many products but, many of us may not aware about the purpose of these captions. Let’s discover why these abbreviations are important and essential to put on the products and what exactly they stand for.

The FCC Mark                                                                                                                                                            The FCC license allows business community to launch, deliver and distribute their products within USA (United States of America).The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an agency of USA (United States of America) which works under the government and determines certain requirements and standards of the products for manufacturers and importers who want to circulate their products in USA (United States of America).

The CE Mark                                                                                                                                                           The CE mark is a permit for manufacturers and importers to freely distribute the products within the EU (Europe) jurisdiction; it further certifies that the products having this mark affixed on them are fully complied with the health, environmental and safety requirements defined by the European Commission.

For example, you can notice these markings on your cell phone accessories or on their packaging.

Why manufacturers need to be certified with FCC and CE?                                                                                    The FCC and CE certifications determine the health and environmental requirements to ensure the consumers and their respective working area’s safety. So the products must be made by following the required standards of FCC and CE in order to import or sale the products in USA (United States of America) and EU (Europe). 

Getting registered with CE licensing:

“The CE marking is required for many products. It states that the product is assessed before being placed on the market and meets EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements. Through this website the European Commission provides economic operators and consumers with information on how the process of affixing the CE marking on a product works.

As a manufacturer, this website will lead you through the process of affixing the CE marking to your specific product, by clearly illustrating the key steps to undertake from the beginning to the trading of the product. If you are a distributor or importer you will have to know the requirements that the products you are importing or distributing must meet to be traded freely within the EEA (see leaflet for economic operators(362 kB) ).”


 Getting registered with FCC licensing:

“If you wish to conduct business with the FCC, you must first register through the FCC's COmmission REgistration System (CORES). Upon registration, you will be assigned a FCC Registration Number (FRN). This number will be used to uniquely identify you in all transactions with the FCC.”

For more details please visit the following website.


Basically CE and FCC are the licenses for the manufacturers or importers to circulate their products in Europe and USA (United States of America). It is mandatory for manufacturers and importers to meet the defined standards and to get registered with FCC license for USA (United States of America) and CE license for Europe in order to import or deliver the products. After a successful registration, the products can freely be imported or distributed to Europe and USA (United States of America) within the jurisdiction of CE and FCC areas.

DISCLAIMER: All the text and information including the URLs are only for reader’s basic information to know about the CE and FCC licensing programs. For any kind of further proceedings (registration of these licenses for the use of any practical or business developments) or any professional or non professional proceedings and knowledge please consult the concerned official websites of CE (European commission) and FCC (Federal Communications Commission) as these commissions have the authority to operate these licenses.